Image Map

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Creative Writing Story Task Card

Hello my dear blogging friends.... I have been a little out of the blogging loop for the past month and I hate myself for it :/  I have missed it so much but I have been so caught up in wedding planning and grad school.  However.... the good news is that I have realized that in order to keep myself sane I HAVE TO HAVE MY BLOGGING TIME!! It's my "me time" and the time that helps me relax and calm down.  So because of that revelation I have again got back into the groove and I am very excited about my latest creation!  I am a huge proponent of writing.  i think it is extremely important, and I have noticed that it is not focused on as much as it should be in a lot of classrooms.  I wanted to make something to help teachers incorporate writing into their every day or ta least every week routine with little to no instruction.  I made creative writing task cards and I think they will be extremely helpful to many teachers, not to mention just plain fun!! So, without any further adieu  I will show you what this pack consists of and how you can use it in your classroom!


Ok...to begin with, i include a directions/idea page in the beginning that explains the following:

The way I use these is to put them in a writing center, daily 5 center, or task card center for early finishers in your room.  Students can participate in this activity during center time.  

Preparation

You would need to print out the task cards (there are 28 total i believe) and place them on a ring or in a basket in your center area.  Then you would need to print out all the matching writing sheets that go with each card.  Here are examples of both:

Writing Task Cards
Matching Writing Pages 


How to Use:

During Center time students will go and grab a task card randomly from the basket (whatever they get is what they get)  They will then grab the matching writing paper.  They will have 15-20 minutes (however long you allow for each center) to basically let their imagination wonder.  This is meant for students to have uninterrupted time to free write and be creative.  This is obviously a center that would be used after instruction in writing has occurred during the year.  The only rule that the students must follow is that their writing must go along with the card that they grabbed.  For example, if they grab the superhero card then their story must have something to do with superheros.  They also must try their best to follow the correct writing procedures. Other than that this is all FUN!  You can then take their writing and use it for conference purposes with parents or have a conference with the student and point out positives and negatives of their writing and how they can improve.  

I hope this appeals to many of you and if it does it is in my TPT store for $3.00!  I feel like I am back in the creating game and I cant wait to create my next project!  I hope you all are enjoying your summer so far!




2 comments:

  1. These look like so much fun! Even my fourthies would love the cards. Just wishlisted it! I have spent WAY too much money on TpT this summer... sad day... mad hubby! :0 Hehe

    Cassie
    Funky in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for these kind words! You just made my night! It's always so nice to get feedback and thoughts from fellow teachers/bloggers! I totally hear ya on the credit card tpt bill... My fiance has seen my tpt history and we had to talk about it recently hahaha!!! There is just so many wonderful products on there! but a little hint... I am planning on have a giveaway for them on Facebook sometimes tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete